Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17

Thread: big snowstorm to hit the east

  1. #11
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: big snowstorm to hit the east

    And to think they'll be playing baseball there in 3 weeks. I went through Cincinnati one time during a blizzard a few years ago, the only time in my life I've been when it wasn't baseball season and it was a huge mess. Cars sliding all over the road, 18 wheelers turned sideways in the median. Spring Break and I get to watch it snow, yippee.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

  2. #12
    Inactive Member beamer_ball's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    2,840
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: big snowstorm to hit the east

    See a lot of reports of thundersleet and thundersnow in KY. Its been a while since I've seen thundersnow. Hope we don't have to deal with some the ice problems they're having currently though.

  3. #13
    Inactive Member MikeJones's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8th, 2007
    Posts
    3,888
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: big snowstorm to hit the east

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ldy_rdr30</div><div class="ubbcode-body">welll..i was just wondering if any other information was to sw, va,....dont have to be rude! </div></div>

    Agreed
    GO VOLS

  4. #14
    Inactive Member imported_trumpet1988's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12th, 2003
    Posts
    2,533
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: big snowstorm to hit the east

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: beamerball</div><div class="ubbcode-body">See a lot of reports of thundersleet and thundersnow in KY. Its been a while since I've seen thundersnow. Hope we don't have to deal with some the ice problems they're having currently though. </div></div>I saw some lightning here earlier. I was like "huh?" then I heard thunder.
    Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.

  5. #15
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: big snowstorm to hit the east

    Last thundersnow I recall is my freshman or sophomore year in college. That was a real mess.
    I'm really hoping this forecast fizzles. I've got too much to do tomorrow.
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  6. #16
    Inactive Member Monkeyhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 10th, 2004
    Posts
    1,459
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: big snowstorm to hit the east

    I got a date with the Post Office in the morning. Other than that I am free.
    crack is whack

  7. #17
    Inactive Member beamer_ball's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    2,840
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: big snowstorm to hit the east

    Heavy snow warning for Lee and Wise canceled but replaced with a winter storm warning to include the ice threat overnight (hopefully things cool down more and this doesn't become too much of a problem). Totals basically the same...



    ...WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT UNTIL 12 PM EST SATURDAY...
    ...HEAVY SNOW WARNING IS CANCELLED...

    THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN MORRISTOWN HAS ISSUED A WINTER
    STORM WARNING...WHICH IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 12 PM EST SATURDAY.

    RAIN WILL MIX WITH SLEET AND FREEZING RAIN OVERNIGHT...BEFORE
    GRADUALLY CHANGING TO SNOW BY SUNRISE. LIGHT ICE ACCUMULATIONS
    WILL BE POSSIBLE OVERNIGHT...ALONG WITH 3 TO 5 INCHES OF SNOWFALL
    BY SATURDAY AFTERNOON. LOCALLY HIGHER SNOWFALL AMOUNTS WILL BE
    POSSIBLE ACROSS THE HIGHEST ELEVATIONS ABOVE 3000 FEET.

    A WINTER STORM WARNING MEANS SEVERE WINTER WEATHER CONDITIONS ARE
    EXPECTED OR OCCURRING. SIGNIFICANT AMOUNTS OF SNOW...SLEET...
    AND/OR FREEZING RAIN ARE EXPECTED...CAUSING HAZARDOUS DRIVING
    CONDITIONS. TRAVEL IS DISCOURAGED. IF TRAVEL IS UNAVOIDABLE...
    KEEP AN EXTRA FLASHLIGHT...FOOD...AND WATER IN YOUR VEHICLE IN
    CASE OF AN EMERGENCY.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •